Thursday, July 15, 2010

Christmas in July with Tilda


Hello all! So I know I've been a little crafty awol lately...sorry...my kids seem to be warping me of my creative juices. I'm soo looking forward to school starting! Anyway, I really need to get an early start on my Christmas cards...so they actually get sent out, lol. I have to make about 50 cards every year, so the earlier I get started the better and there seem to be lots of Christmas in July challenges going on...yay for me!





Here's a close-up of Tilda. You can't really tell in the pic, but her background isn't white, it's kind of a yellowish hue I made with chalks. I've also sprayed it with gold glimmer...I have a pic below you can see it in.





The flowers are Wild Orchid and the pearl sprays are from Hobby Lobby...colored with copics to match.


This ornament is from Inkadinkado...stamped on craft paper and sprayed with gold glimmer mist.







Here's the close-up of the glimmer around Tilda.


Well, I think that about does it. Sorry I have once again forgotten to photograph my copics...if you wanna know anything, please ask. The papers are K&Company...really lovin this paper pad! The background papers are just craft cardstock. The laces are from Hobby Lobby.

Updated to add: I've had some comments about the color I've used for her dress, so I thought I'd tell you how I made it! I started by coloring the whole dress in E53...was going for a burgundy...next I colored it with R29, 27, &24 in the same fashion I usually would(darkest to lightest). Decided I needed to go darker so I overlapped the red(where it would be darkest) with E33. Then, I just colored(with the correct shade of red) over any spots that looked too brown and layering more with E53 as well until I was happy with the results. If you try this remember that if the ink starts to look glossy, you need to stop and let it dry a bit before you continue. If it's coming heavy thru the other side of your cardstock you won't have too much more you can do. Hope this helps any who are interested!

Followed this sketch from Friday Sketchers
Have a great day!
xxAutumn
Challenges:
Just Magnolia: Recipe-3 Flowers, 2 Papers, Ribbon
Friday Sketchers: Jacque's Sketch
Paper Sundaes: Lots of Layers
Fab 'n' Funky: Christmas in July
Fussy & Fancy Friday: Christmas in July
Wild Orchid: Say it with flowers

26 comments:

Lori said...

My word Autumn it's gorgeous! You're going to win some challenges with this beauty!

hikers said...

Autumn love the dark rich color of Tilda's dress! Beautiful! Myrna

Corinne said...

Autumn your card is gorgeous. Love the colors...
Hugs~
Corinne

Juanita said...

Wow this card is beautiful, love how Tilda is colored, makes her stand out. Gorgeous papers, lace and flowers. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.

Jennifer said...

Autumn this is absolutely lovely....I soooo want to be on your Christmas card list :)
Your coloring is lovely and the DP is fabulous.
hugs
Jennifer

Card Crazy said...

Oh how gorgeous. Anyone who gets this card is going to be overwhelmed. She's delightful. Love the very rich colors.

Leonie said...

O just gorgeous!! Love the richness to her dress. this tilda is one of my fav Christmas ones!! thanks for sharing how you did her dress too
Hugs leonie

Rene said...

Thank you for the added info on the dress...it just looks like velvet...I want to touch it!

Suzanne J Dean said...

She's a beauty and so elegant for Xmas--love all the gorgeous details!

hugz,
Suzanne

Nancy said...

This card is beautiful - and in my favorite shades of Christmas colors. You have given me the inspiration to get started on my Christmas cards too. Thanks for sharing.

Lisette Morris said...

Beautiful! I love all the added touches! Her coloring is amazing too!

Barb Hardeman said...

Drop dead gorgeous card. Love your rich deep colors, such a brautiful offset to your whitish background...

Cami said...

Elegantly beautiful Christmas card! Oh your coloring is just gorgeous! Love the lace trim and all the embellies! Hugs, Cami

cabio's craft corner said...

Lovely coloring job and the card is so elegant :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Crystal said...

Wow this is so pretty! I love your colouring and all the detail! The flowers, lace & pearls are so beautiful! Thanks for playing along in this week's Paper Sundaes Challenge!

rozzy said...

super cute card. I love it
hugs rozzy xx

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the update Autumn, I was also very curious as to which Copics you used on her dress....
hugs
Jennifer

BananaStamper said...

Positively stunning! I love your card! So glad you joined us at PS! Way to go on starting your cards!

HappyCrafter said...

Stunning card, that vintage looking lace is perfect. Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes :-)

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Autumn this is absolutely beautiful the image, colours and design it is an awesome piece of work.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Peggie said...

Very pretty. Thanks for the idea for using noel. I have that stamp.

Jodie from Oz said...

Autumn, your card is beautiful, this is one of my fave Christmas Maggies, your colours and colouring are wonderful, I love the lace trim and stunning flowers. Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend. hugs Jodie from Oz

Lindsey said...

Great card, your colouring is to die for!! thanks for joinig us at Fab n Funky this week xx

Lena Katrine said...

Georgeous card in beautiful colours and with pretty embellies! Thanks for joining our first challenge at WOC - good luck!
Hugs, Lena

Ulrike*** said...

...what a wonderful card with lovely details.....wish u a nice day Ulrike

Farida Rone said...

OMG!!!! Autumn,
This magnolia card is gorgeous. Love thee colours you used and all the embellish. This card is stuning.
Hugs,
Farida