Monday, August 15, 2011

Pretty in pink!!

Hello Everyone!! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I spent Saturday shopping for my oldest son's birthday...he'll be 9 on Friday, boy where does the time go?? Sunday was a pretty relaxing day though and that was nice for a change. Ok, so be fore I REALLY begin I wanted to let you know I'm getting ready to leave again so the posts are probably going to be pretty sparse for a while. I leave in one week and will be gone for two, so I will have my regular posts for the Sassy DT and that will probably be it, sorry.  Ok, now, on to better things. Here's my card for this weeks Sassy inspiration...


and this is 'City Girl'. Krista has really come up with some great images for the teens and preteens in our lives hasn't she!! I know it's pink and black again, but I promise you won't see this combo for a while. I really feel like I'm finally getting some mojo back, so hopfully my upcoming cards will inspire you more.

Today's card uses Teresa Collins papers, WOC flowers, Whimsy sentiment, Stickles galore, and a few other odds and ends form my stash.

Here's the Sugar bowl sketch that I followed...so loved that this was easy to do and my papers really fell together. I buy a lot of paper packs and I expect the papers to go together and often I find that's not the case...at least not to me(I"m really picky) so I def love that these all work so well together.


Here's a closer view of City Girl. As you can see she's been stickled herself and the edging was done with a cat's eye silver ink pad and more stickles. I've given her a more ethnic skin tone and black hair(because I think it looks better with black paper, i know, I have issues) and she looks like she's ready for a girls night out! 

Well, that's all for me today, remember to check out that Sugar bowl challenge as there's always awesome prizes up for grabs.Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
xxAutumn

5 comments:

marion said...

Absolutely fabulous ! Love the glimmer on the dress and love the colour combo. Hugs, Marion

Catherine said...

Fantastic card, love the colours! The swirl is fab, is that a die???

Unknown said...

pink and black is one of my fave color combo's for anything-- especially clothes!:) love her outfit:):) kinda want it for myself! she is colored so pretty!:)

xoxo

Donna Mosley said...

Another stunner Autumn. I love this gorgeous Sassy and your awesome colouring. Fab colour combo too hun.

Donna x

cheryl said...

oh stunning color combo love that image hun and the layout and detail is amazing love hugs cherylxxx