Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A little stardust

Hello blogging buddies! I'm finally back with another card. I had such wonderful intentions of getting extra things done this past week, but it just didn't pan out. Lots of errands this weekend and come Monday DD got and I got sick, Oh' if the darn weather could make up it's mind. I think everyone I know around here is sick and tired of being sick and tired,lol. Well, anyway, I suppose I should get on with it...

Here's my Stardust. I had actually intended to make this really elegant card, but somehow I got CAS. There probably would have been more fru fru if it weren't for that big gigantic flower,lol. I love it, it's beautiful, but I just couldn't make and arrangement I liked around it for some reason and the ones I come up with just seemed like too much. Of course now that I'm looking at it one here, I'm seeing some small touches I could make to spruce it up it a bit...isn't that the way it goes, lol. Ah well, I think she's nice this way too.

Ok, here's a closer view. Sorry I don't have a copic list for you as I actually got an early start on her and was working on two projects at once and all the markers got jumbled together. You can't see it very well, but I've also colored her background with chalks...a mix of really light yellows and purple hues.
The Dp I used is K&Company, organza ribbon and pearls are from my stash, and the flower is Wild Orchid colored to match. All the papers were also distressed with my Tim Holtz distressor and then inked.

Well that does it for now. I was really hoping to get some scrapping done for a BoBunny challenge, so if I manage to feel up to it you'll see that later today. This post is also up at the Simply Sassy blog along with instructions for and envelobox and you can find that here if you need it. Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!


9 comments:

Ulrike*** said...

....I wasn't here for a "long" time,....you've created beautiful things,......and this card here,....what a cute girl,....love the colour combination,....great work,....wish u all the best...Ulrike

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous sweetie!

cheryl said...

oh this is just gorgeous,love that image,and just adore the colurs you have used,hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Unknown said...

i love how the whole thing looks as if i'm looking at it through rose-colored glasses...it's so pretty and understated-- love the pink tones!...really lovely, Autumn!

xoxo

Paula (PEP) said...

A real stunner - love those swirls with the pearls & the simple elegance of this. The double ribbon is so silky & shimmery & in this case less is more most certainly. I love the way the design paper provides the background flowers & the way you echo the green on her socks & the dress trim.
Paula (PEP)

Julie said...

Really nice card - lovely colours and that flower is to die for! x

Debbie said...

Great job love the card...sorry you and your daughter were under the weather... I wish the weather would make up it's mind as well..not 100% either..

Hugs Debbie

Loz said...

oh she's gorgeous Autumn! love the colours and that huge flower! ♥

Kajsan said...

Ooohh!! What a lovely card! :)
Love the colours!!
Hugs/Karin