Saturday, June 25, 2011

Colorful Christmas...

....or is it, lol I got a little carried away with the crackled paint,lol You may have seen this...


on the Sassy Dt blog on Wednesday, but I've been very busy since then and haven't had time to post here until now. Honestly I was probably making myself busy more then anything as it's still sweltering hot where I live(in the hundreds here people) and our A/C went out not to mention we had a terrible wind storm and lost shingles on our roof and as a nice little topper Ants have decided to make my home their's...it's been a great week!! Anyway, they say it comes in threes, so fingers crossed that's it for a while. 
I really enjoyed making this card, just wish I'd toned down the paint a little, but hey, it's really snowing now,lol The papers, now a little hard to see, are from BoBunny and Fancy Pants. I love that were now using all sorts of colors for Christmas and it's no longer just about red, green, and blue.


Here is a close up of 'All Spruced Up' as she's called and I colored her as I envision my little DD some years from now.  I've created the snow with polar white flowersoft  and then added icicle stickles(on the paint as well) I've had those cool snowflakes for a while and lucky for me they matched just perfectly and I'm down to only 3 :(   I do have a cricut so I can make my own, but it's so much more time consuming and I'm a slow crafter as it is,lol, but I guess I don't have a choice now.
Ok, well that's all I got for now, I gotta make a little Dora card quick and it's off to a pool party this afternoon...it's supposed to be 106 degrees, so a great day for that! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I got  a couple new Sugar Nellie digis to work on so hopefully I'll have them early next week. Oh's I almost forgot, there's a new GIVEAWAY going on at the Sassy Dt blog starting today so go check that out!!
Thanks for stopping by!
xxAutumn

4 comments:

Loz said...

eugh, I hate summer! we get the same temps here.. and higher! our hot days are around 47ยบ celcious (116 F) so I am so glad it's winter!! Do you get humidity too?? Anyways, great reason to make a wintery Christmas card :0) I love the snowflakes. Hope all the bad things have finished ♥♥

Unknown said...

Wow love those snowflakes!!!! This card is so beautiful!!!! Great job!!!!

Paula (PEP) said...

That snow looks so fluffy - as if she's really standing in it & I love the sparkle - utterly realistic. Your soft chalk background is brillant too. Hope you manage to dispose of the ants. Here we finally have hot weather - really the first. Take care with the heat.
Paula (PEP)

Julie said...

Lovely card - the snowflakes are amazing! x