Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Butterflies...

 ...Don't you just love them?? I know I do, I've always had a fascination with them and when Krista came out with Butterfly Girl I intstantly fell in love with her! I knew right away that I wanted to do something different with her and immediately thought of this...


Ok, well, I didn't immediately think of the whole thing, but the general idea and tho baby girl is a bit young, it's going in her room. She said it was pretty several times while watching me color it, so I'm quite certain she'll enjoy having it in her room.


Here's a pic w/o that shadow box frame and you can see all the coloring that went into this. What was I thinking?? I do not own a an air brusher and I wanted crisp clear colors, so I did all that sky background by hand and let me tell you that was no easy task. I've put her in pink and brown cause those are the main colors in DD's room and the rest of the colors are extras. The background scene is a bunch of merged images from Make it Crafty and those took the better part of a day to put together all by themselves. Other than all of the coloring tho it wasn't too bad...I did work several different flower options, but decided i liked this the best! I'm thinking now she may need some sparkle and I might hang some butterflies from the bottom, but this will have to do for now and we'll see what time will bring.

Well, that's all for today, thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
xxAutumn

9 comments:

Unknown said...

that is too pretty! perfect for a little girl's room! how creative! i'm glad you like that stamp-- my mom told me i should draw up a girl with a butterfly on her nose:). still benefits a girl to listen to her mother!;) i think a lot of stamping girls like her!

have a great day Autumn! thanks for all your sweet comments on my blog, too. they mean so much!

xoxo

Gabbi said...

Autumn this is darling. Great job. Very creative.

Kellie said...

WOW this is absolutely STUNNING I am in awe!

Hugs Kellie

Shazza said...

wow this is so pretty, love it x

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Autumn, this is so amazing, love the shadow box design and wonderful scene you've created. Gorgeous butterflies too, I agree they are so pretty.

Donna x

Misty Olsen said...

Where do you buy your sassy stamps from?

Mistyrose

Clare Brown said...

wow you have one lucky girl. Did you receive my email Autumn.

hugs Clare x

Julie said...

What a fab idea - your daughter ids one lucky girl! x

allex said...

WOW Autumn, I don't know what to say ! This is tooooooo adorable for words, Love it !!!!!

Hugs, Sandra xx