Thursday, February 23, 2012

Tilda Celebrates Friendship

Hello all! It seems I've finally got all gears up and running again,lol. I REALLY enjoyed making this card and I hope you like it. I actually started this a while back for a TOMIC challenge, but  I must have run out of time cause it didn't get finished. Well, I decided to take another look at it and I had to finish some coloring and I chose some new paper and it went from there. This...



... is what I came up with. It probably doesn't look like much from the outside, but it does have one little suprise....


.... it opens to this beautiful image and I didn't want to take away from that, so...


...it opens again.

I'm also happy to report I was able to work it into another TOMIC challenge. It was so fun to work with all those pretty spring colors...I'm so over winter!  It really took forever to get everything sitting "just right" but I'm glad I took the time to make it work.

I'm not really sure the best way to tell you about everything now as I really haven't set this up the way I usually do. All the gold accents are from WOC as well as the flowers. The stamped images are Magnolia(Secretive Tilda and Bird Background) and are colored with copics...sorry most of this was colored when I started so I don't have all the colors. the sentiment is from Whimsy and the die cuts are from Magnolia.  The pretty papers are from a 12x12 stack by KandCompany called watercolor boquet.

That's all for me today. It will probably be a week before I'm back again as I'm going to make a dress for my daughter and that may take me a while...I'm not the best sewer, but I'm determined,lol. I'll post pics when it's finished.  Her Christmas skirt turned out pretty good as did the stockings I made so there's hope for me yet. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

xxAutumn


Challenges:
TOMIC: Friendship & Doohickey
Simon Says: Use 3 Papers
Bunny Zoe's: Celebrate

6 comments:

Donna Mosley said...

A stunning card Autumn. Love all the pretty details.

Donna x

Anne said...

Oh, this is sooo adorable!
Very inspiering, I`d love to try something folded like this.
Beautiful colors and images and embellushments.

Hugs, Anne.

Dobra said...

Card, as always
wonderful and beautiful
made
Is wonderfully decorated,
a very beautifully painted finish.

Chris said...

So very beautiful Autumn! I love the gorgeous little scene you've created and the way you've done your cut out. Wonderful colouring and colour scheme too. Thank you for joining us at TOMIC this week. Hugs, Chris :)

Julie said...

Beautiful card - it's so pretty! x

Mina said...

wow what an amazing design Autumn, your Tilda is stunningly coloured and the inside is just as perfect as the front
Mina xxx