I finally got my project done! It's taken me lot longer than I thought it would, but my daughter has been extremely needy the last couple of days and that has left me with little time to work on this. I attached a lot of pictures so you will hopefully get the whole view.
The container I used is an old formula container. It's amazing what you can do with things like this!
These first pics are a top and side view.
The reddish color on the butterflies does match a lot better than it shows, but there is only so much you can do when taking a picture. I tried to get the photos as close to reality as I could.
Next, I have pictures of the lacing I did and the flower with the butterfly that are on top. All the butterfly shapes were cut with my cricut Home Accents cartridge and then hand colored with copics. The large butterfly on top also has legs that I shaped with jewelery wire and then glued inbetween two butterfly cut-outs. After coloring the butterflies I embossed them with a mixture of embossing powders. The flower is made by some flowers I bought at Hobby Lobby and then took apart to make my own flower. The whole grouping of flowers actually is held to the lid by the brad in the middle.
The next two pics are just close-ups of Flutterby Anya(copyright TGF) and the decorations around her. I was trying to show the glimmer on her and the butterflies and the rhinestones. The rhinestone pattern was done by me and then I glued around them to hold them into place better
This last photo is just for your enjoyment. I didn't think it turned out very well for the project, but I love it as a photo on the wall!
Well, this has been a long post, but I hope you have enjoyed my project! I hope I can get all these pictures in the order that I have explained them as I've updated my blogger and I'm having a little trouble moving the pics around. Please feel free to leave me any questions or comments.