Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Southern Girls Challenge #2

Wow!! What an amazing number of entries we had for our first challenge, we couldn't believe it!! Thank you all for your support, we loved all your wonderful creations and can't wait to see what you come up with this week. Suppose I should tell you the challenge, huh?? Ok, well this week we want to see you recycle some old jewelry...fantastic for charms(hint, hint)


So, here is my Bee Tilda, isn't she a cutie! This little girl has been colored up for ages, and I was gonna make a bookmark with her, but I got the white sparkly cut out behind her and it reminded me of a cloud and a card emerged. This was also just gonna be black, yellow, and white, but I got that blue behind her and thought it looked so pretty. Basically this is nothing like I had envisioned, lol! In case you didn't figure it out that little heart WAS my earring. Don't know if you can tell, but there are stickles around the CS borders and on the sentiment. Rhinestones were applied with my I-Rock....def a fav tool!


Here is the little sweetie close up. Sorry I don't know the colors since she's been inked up for some time. There are stickles on the wings and I think you can see that the white paper is sparkly. The yellow ribbon is from my stash.



Close up of the charm...why have I never thought of this idea, I have sooo much jewelry as I haven't really worn it since having kids.



Pretty flowers are from Wild Orchid and are stickled.



Think that about covers it, the CS is DCWV Citrus Stack. Oh' I forgot to mention the prize...For NZ/Aus the sponsor is Embellish It and for INT some fabulous images from Digital Delights. Thanks for stopping by I hope you've enjoyed my card today. Make sure you stop by and see what the rest of the DT gals have come up with...can't wait to see what you all make!
See you at Southern Girls and Good Luck!
Have a fabulous day!
xxAutumn

4 comments:

cheryl said...

This is really stunning hun just seen this on the main,blog and wow just amazing hugs cheryl x

Viv said...

Autumn this is so sweet! Love the stickled wings and now you've found a use for all your jewellery we expect to see more of it! LOl! Viv xx

Ulrike*** said...

....yes, absolutely cute,...and what a beautiful combination of fine details and colours...great...wish u a wonderful day Ulrike

Vintage Milly said...

Hey Autumn ;0)
I love this card, yey for recycling your earing, I have loadsa half pairs in my jewellery box that I could use, what a great idea! Just love the colouring of your Tilda.
Thanks for the lovely comments you left on my blog and for letting me know about the Sugar Nellie(much appreciated), I haven't seen her before,
loadsa hugs,
Em.x