I've decided to finally take the plunge and venture into the word of distress inks! I actually started buying up inks ages ago, but just never got around to working with them. I recently saw a gorgeous card on Dena's blog and decided that was it I was going to FINALLY give it a shot. I watched her videos and figured I'd use colors she had used as a starting point. In the end i basically did my own thing,lol. So, here's my first attempt...
Obviously I have a lot to learn about these inks but I don't think she's too bad for round one. The hardest part I found was keeping a dry enough yet wet enough brush and I don't think this paper was quite smooth enough. Since I didn't have the colors Dena used for skin I opted for Tea Dye, which has a purplish hue once you've used a bit of it, but perhaps it wouldn't have gotten that far if I was better with this technique.
Here's the completed card...
This took me forever to get together, but I was once again determined to get into TOMIC's current challenge and since I don't have some of the things on their bingo board I had to go a route which required metal and that too some digging. It ended up not being much, but there in the upper right corner is my bit of metal...an old part of an earring.
All of the beautiful MME papers have been distressed with my Tim Holtz distressor and then distress inks were also added...even the lace got some, guess I was a little distress crazy :)
That's all for today, but I'll be back soon! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!
TOMIC: Bingo (metal, lace, doohickey die)
Simon Says: Anything Goes