Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Dress...

So, I told you all what seems like ages ago that I was going to make my daughter a dress. I finally managed to get it finished just before i got the flu and then my DD got sick and we had some bad weather so I didn't get pics until the week of Spring Break(last week). I'm happy to report the dress turned out beautifully...and that's not just my opinion,lol, I was told by several people if I had more they would buy them so, I'm thinking about starting another venture. So it makes me a little nervous to show you all here, but here goes...



DD likes to call this her princess dress and she loves it!! Thank goodness! I actually used two different patterns one for a peasant dress found here and the other was for a skirt wrap found here both from a wonderful store called Create Kids Couture. The patterns are downloaded and you print out the pieces you need and the instructions are clear and to the point and filled with pictures, so easy. I got most of the dress done in one day and the skirt I made for DD at christmas took me three and  that was mostly because I couldn't understand the instructions. 
Ok, so I let DD have some fun in her dress too, here's a couple more pics...


She quite enjoys twirling in this dress and I actually made a whole photo strip of it, but it wouldn't fit on here...at least in any size you could see very well, so I opted for just these two. Be on the lookout for more pretty dresses to come and hopefully I'll be able to sell some in my ETSY shop. It's empty now, cause they seemed to have changed things since I last posted anything and I can't seemed to get my pics sized right so they won't upload...if I make them any smaller they are going to disappear, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but it's sucking! Hope you all are well!

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look today. I should have some more paper crafts up soon! 

Have a wonderful day!
xxAutumn

7 comments:

cebelica said...

This dress is awesome!

Lori said...

Gorgeous Autumn, I love the wrap apron part and the fabric is amazing!

cheryl said...

oh wow Hun,this is one stunning dress I would not know were to start she looks so so beautiful in this Hun,just beautiful hugs Cherylxxx

Donna Mosley said...

Oh! Autumn, you are clever. A beautiful dress, she looks gorgeous.

Donna x

Becky Dunham said...

This is just the sweetest dress Autumn! I'll bet your little girl just wants to wear it all the time! When my girls were little, I had so many plans to make them cute clothes and I would buy patterns and fabric and never get them made! They are now 14 and 17 and even if I could find a similar pattern in their size, they would not wear it :( I can't wait to see what you come up with next! Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Hlora said...

It is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!

Victoria said...

this is amazing I want one x