Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sassy Inspiration and V-day gift

Hello wonderful followers and visitors! Today I'd like to share with you my Simply Sassy inspiration post from yesterday and a little gift I made for my sons teacher for Valentines Day. I'll start with the sassy first....

I wanted to try a little something different this time around, so I came up with this, which is a small accordion folder. This can be used for any type of small paper or gift.
My folder measures 5"x5" and was quite simple to make. My base paper was cut to 5"x12"and scored at 5" and 10". I used a score board to score two squares of paper cut 4"x4"...scored at 3/8". I ten folded those and glued just inside the edge and just above the 5" score line on the base paper. Next fold up the other 5" and glue other side of the accordion fold just inside the edge try to match the other as much as possible. Lastly decorate as desired.


Here's what the back of mine looks like. Kind of plain, but I could find something I like for it, I will probably keep looking. The matching brad was made with my I-top brad maker. These papers and embellies are all from an echo park kit. The papers have been distressed with chalk inks.



Here's a side view and you can see there's actually quite a bit of room....I've put about 10 stamped images in there and there's still plenty of space.

Lastly, a close-up of the beautiful Hippie Chick available here.
That's all for my Sassy Inspiration, but today over at the Simply Sassy blog you can see my tutorial on how I color dark brown skin. I will be doing more tutorials with the Sassy images so I'm going to make a separate tutorial page and you will see it there soon.
Next i just wanted to quickly share with you a little gift set I make for my son's teacher. It seems I don't usually remember to photograph these things or my commissioned cards, and I actually remembered, so here is the set...


I got this adorable little mini Tilda from my friend Loz and I was so happy to be able to use them! These pretty papers are from a K&Company kit.


Here's a close-up of Tilda, she was such a joy to color!
Well, this has been a long post, so i will leave you with that. Hope you are having a wonderful day!
Thanks for stopping by!
xxAutumn

7 comments:

kaylou said...

This is gorgeous Autumn, I love the purse Idea I will be using your idea.... I love it.
I also love your skin colouring tutorial too thanks for making it.
Hugs Kaylou xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Love that accordion folder idea & really think the back looks fine as it is. The whole project is lovely & different.
Paula (PEP)

Unknown said...

i thought you did a great job with your tutorial...your coloring is always amazing!:)

xoxo, krista

Crafteezee said...

You've been busy Autumn, I think Hippie Chick is still my favourite of the Sassy's so far. You've certainly been a busy been. Love that Tilda too, she's on my wish list. Hugs Tracy x

Debbie said...

What a great job on the folder..love it, will have to give it a try..

Hugs
NY Debbie

Julie said...

Love the way you've colour the sassy image! It's fab!

Loz said...

omg, it's been so long since I stopped by - have missed your gorgeous colouring! these are both stunning, I love the little accordian file.. I could use 10 of those for all my images - may have to CASE you!!
And that Tilda.. omw! That is one very lucky teacher!! ♥