Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Simply Sassy DT card and an Award

As I was thinking about what to do for my Simply Sassy inspiration today I remembered this little beauty and thought she'd be perfect with Valentine's Day just around the corner :) I will be spending lots of time making goodies for that this week. Anyway, I haven't yet made a card for my hubby and thought I'd take this opportunity to do so.

So, here is 'I give you my heart' in all her glory. My husband loves fishing, so this one's a little for me and a little for him lol. I colored her with copics to match the papers I used


Here is the full card closed. Not lots of fru-fru stuff, I know, but my husband just wouldn't appreciate it and I intend to take it to him at work(he's and ARMY man) and I don't want him to get teased to much :) Anyway, I think these pretty papers are K and Company, sorry, can't remember for sure...they came in a pack and I threw away the wrapping. Also, you can't tell very well from this angle, but the third layer is actually up on pop-up dots so at least I could get some dimension...I have a closer pic of that below.

Well, I couldn't dump the pretty stuff altogether, so I put a bunch on the inside, lol All the stickers you see here came in the kit I bought. I cut the doily looking hear out of one of the papers.



Here's a close-up of the right side where you can see my little box holds a special treat! My hubby is a junk food junkie and especially loves m &m's so I know he will enjoy those!





Here's the dimension. The box is 1/2'" tall and was quite easy to make. In order to the the card big enough to fit over it I cut two pieces 6"x 6&1/2" and glued the half inch sides together.The box actually doesn't have a bottom, just sides and a top and two half inch sides to glue to the card. The drawer is 1/2" and I cut little half circles out of the ends to make it easier to pull out.



Lastly, here are the copics. Boy, can't believe I used more than I had room for..there must be some blending in there I don't remember, lol.
Before I go I wanted to thank my sweet friend Loz for a blog award she gave me the other day, the Love Blog award:

There are some conditions and rules of the award and they are as follows:

You have been TAGGED and want to participate? Then create a post where you post the 'LOVE BLOG' image. You should also blog the persons link that gave you the award and inform her/him that you accept the award. You can then choose 3 - 5 favourite blogs which you also link in your post, then each blogger will inform you that they have been tagged....
Dear bloggers:
The aim of this action is that we bring unknown, good blogs to light, so I would ask you not to blog fellow bloggers that already have 3,000 followers. As always, the hardest part is to pick who to pass this on to, there are so many bloggers I could give it to, so . . .the 3 I have chosen are......
All these ladies have wonderful blogs, so be sure to stop by and check them out! Also this of course reminded me of some other blog awards I've recently gotten and forgot about, so I'll be back later this week with more award recipients!
Thanks for stopping by, hope you're having a great week!

10 comments:

Anita said...

Autumn, your card is beautiful. I love your coloring ... it's so pretty. I'm sure your husband will love his card. I'm actually just starting to use copics so I love seeing what you create with all of yours. Thank you so much for the award. That's so thoughtful of you and I really appreciate it.

Unknown said...

I love the card!!...The hearts are fantastic, love the patterns you used:)...It is really a neat card inside...I've never seen one like it:)...Great job!

xoxo, krista

cheryl said...

oh wow this is just stunning,the detail is stuning beautiufl coulrs too ,hugs cheryl xxxxx

allex said...

Hi Autumn, I have already told you that I adore your card so it just remains for me to thank you sooooo much for the award you have given me. To know that you feel my blog is worthy has boosted my confidence no end !!! thanks again Autumn.

Hugs, sandiblu xxxx

Loz said...

oooh... I wonder if he'll share!! Love that image, hope you're having and great day! ♥

Paula (PEP) said...

The multiple hearts layering is lovely & that large lacey heart an absolute delight. I like the way you've used the red M&M's too & that textured violet cardstock is such a good soft colour with the red. This Sassy girl is definitely one of those to be adapted for frilly or non-frilly as the mood takes you.
Paula (PEP)

kaylou said...

gorgeous again Hun fabulous colouring and style.
Hugs Kaylou xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Absolutely gorgeous card sweetie and Congrats on your blog award.....but a massive Thank you for thinking of me when passing it on sweetie and i will take it with honour :o)
hugs and xxx

Ulrike*** said...

...wow,....simply great,...I love your new creation,....this girl is fantastic,.....wish u all the best,..Ulrike

sue said...

Autumn, this is soooo cool!! It looks like a lot of work to me! Your hubby will love it!
Sue x